Another AlphaTrak 2 Question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JeanW, Aug 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeanW

JeanW Member

I found I have some test strips that I didn't realize I had. :confused: Maybe they came with the tester when I first got it. The date shows they're not expired but they are a different code - code 22.

All the strips I've used so far have been code 38 and the monitor is set for that. New strips that have come have been code 38 as well so I've made no changes.

Now my next supply of strips will arrive tomorrow but I want to use these code 22 strips today while doing a curve. Is all I need to do is reset the code to 22 on the meter to match code 22 on the container of strips?

2. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

I match the tester code to strip container. When i do that, I've test striped with the sugar bottle to make sure the range is correct to match bottle and been in range we very time I've switched strips. (From Becky's room-mate Amber)

JeanW likes this.
  3. JeanW

JeanW Member

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Does sugar bottle mean the control solution?

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

so change the code. put the strip in and go to code 22. then pull it out and put it back in.

JeanW likes this.
  5. JeanW

JeanW Member

Thank you. I guess I was making it much harder than it was. :rolleyes:

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

You sometimes get a different code for a bunch of bottles in a row. I have seen a lot of different codes. It only takes a few seconds to chance the code in the meter.

JeanW likes this.
  7. JeanW

JeanW Member

I guess I've just been lucky cause all of mine have been the same code. I got it now. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.