another AZ to CO siamese kitty has gone to rainbow bridge

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by loisandmerlin, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loisandmerlin

loisandmerlin Member

sadly, Debbie, of the Rocky Mountain Siamese Rescue, yesterday did a post of another of the "6-pack" passing to rainbow bridge rb_icon . prayers for this little kitty.
    Lois

from Debbie:

I have some sad news to share. Little Starbrite crossed over the rainbow bridge last evening. She was not thriving and in the last few days she had stopped eating, was weak and had lost control over her back legs and she had lost half her body weight in less than a month and none of our interventions or specialized care seemed to be helping. I had the housecall vet come to examine her knowing that she would most likely recommend euthanizing her. We are suspecting dry FIP.

I'm sure her Brother, StarDust was there to greet her when she arrived at rainbow bridge.

The other kittens seem to be doing well, at least at the moment. I am hopeful that they continue to do well.

Purrs,
    Deb
    Rocky Mountain Siamese Rescue.

2. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

S**T! Was hoping the rest of them would make it. I did get bad news from Jamie too.. she's my friend that fostered them here in Phoenix. Her son picked one out, so they kept one. Selena he named her. She had to be euthanized as well. She described the symptoms, and it definitely sounded like wet FIP. :cry: Broke their hearts. So at least Selena has some siblings to welcome her at the Bridge.

Thankfully the little runt that her friend took is still doing well. I hope the rest thrive & live long, happy lives!

3. Heather & Seasaidh (GA)

Heather & Seasaidh (GA) Member

oh no, that's so sad!!! I'm so sorry :(

4. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Fly free Starbrite.

5. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry another has flown over the Bridge.

If the others are still up for adoption the adopters need to be informed. There is now research showing that FIP has a genetic component and is not as easily spread IF there is no genetic link. The others I am afraid, are at increased risk being littermates.

At the shelter I work at we had a litter of 6 and one kitten passed away right away, the others werent sick and we put them up for adoption telling people about the FIP, and 3 others were PTS, one was not FIP-deformities internally. But 3 out of 6 got adopted and are still doing well. The last 2 went home together.

Sending strong healthy vibes for the rest.

6. OLM Catnip Cottage

OLM Catnip Cottage Well-Known Member

That is so trajic. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.