Another diabetic cat from PGAMG

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Denise, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denise

Denise Member

A panicked rescue colleague called me about a recent rescue from the notorious Princes Georges Animal Management Group. A gorgeous orange tabby, owner surrender ( :-x ) estimated to be around 8 years old. Upon arrival they noticed he was very ill and rushed him to the vet. Well, needless to say (why else would I be posting here :smile: ) he is diabetic! She is not equipped to handle his needs and is scrambling to find a foster/permanent home for Avens. Please contact Nikki directly if you can help: fabulousfurballs @ ymail.com Remove spaces). Thank you! --Denise

Attached Files:

2. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

Hi Denise,
    I'm new here, so I don't know much about PGAMG. Where is this poor cat at? Which city?

Taline

3. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Taline,

If it is the place I think it is..It is in Maryland. At least I know there is a rescue there by that name, although I'm sure that might not be the only one by that name.

Mel & Muse (GA)

4. Denise

Denise Member

Yes the shelter is in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. But the cat was pulled by a rescue who did not realize he was diabetic so needs a foster/permanent home.

5. missyandlittlegray

missyandlittlegray Member

Hi Denise!

What kind of help does she need? And where is she? Virginia? Even if no one can foster, there might be people in her area who can help out. Do you know what kind of insulin he's on?

6. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Stefani and I heard about this cat on Friday, and both offered to provide support. (Stefani is local.) We had heard that the rescue had found a foster home for him, but maybe that fell through. Can you clarify on that point Denise?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.