Another food question: Feline Cuisine

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Katie and Fuzzy, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katie and Fuzzy

Katie and Fuzzy Member

I'm guessing this is a Canadian brand since it's only sold at Pet Value, not sure if the US has Pet Value stores. Can anyone tell me anything about it? I saw it at the Pet Value today, and since Fuzzy doesn't really like the new FF, I was thinking of trying this brand. I don't see anything about it on the food chart, so I want to make sure it's less than 10% carbs before I feed it to him. Can anyone help me out?

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

I have info on it, if I can find it...

it is a (eta) available in Canada at Pet Value. (note: has been on recall list in the past, I'll try to find that info)

When I passed on the info I collected to Janet (of Janet & Binky's food charts) she had let me know it looked ok. It's actually quite similar to Fancy Feast, even with the packaging.

I think I already mentioned this to either you or someone else asking about similar question.

If I can find my notes, I will be back!

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

okey-dokey here is the link to numbers for all flavours for Feline Cuisine (compiled fall of 2009)

Feline Cuisine Numbers

The following link is from the recall since 2007.
    Dates are noted for the items affected/recalled at the time (see under "product description")
    Feline Cuisine Product Recall

Hope this helps, but it looks like Feline Cuisine runs around 2 to 5% carbs (kcal numbers) give or take.
    I hope I'm saying that right, if anyone has an eye for reading these things, please do correct me!

4. Katie and Fuzzy

Katie and Fuzzy Member

Thank you so much. It seems that this brand has the same flavours as FF, and the same if not lower percentage of carbs. If they didn't mess around with their ingredients like FF did, I'm sure Fuzzy will love it! :mrgreen:

The ones on the recall list are the flavours we wouldn't feed to our diabetic kitties anyway, so it seems like a safe food, at least those certain low carb flavours. Thanks for the info. It's the first time I've seen this food, the guy at Pet Value who knows us pointed it out. I'll be getting this brand for Fuzzy as soon as the cans of FF I have at home are finished. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.