Another newbie to FDMB

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sehjak (Susan & Lanky), Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Hello all - I've been online with you since March 6 reading and learning. My kitty, Lanky, was diagnosed on 3/3. I figured out the spreadsheet, what a great tool. And I completed a profile today. We are scheduled to see the Vet next Wed. I hope to have lots of information and questions. As you look at my data and information, any words of advice are greatly appreciated. I think I over-reacted today with worry & stress just want Lanky to feel better. Your FDMB has specifically assisted me with making 2 major decisions: 1) we are home testing sooner rather than later and 2) we are implementing a low carb diet with NO dry food. Your site has been invaluable. Thanks!

I do have 2 immediate questions:
    1 - Do you have any members near me? I would like to develop a network where we can help each other with giving shots & feeding and general care.
    2 - I have 2 other kitties with CRD (chronic renal disease). So I have been researching wet food that would work for both DRD and diabetes, ie low carb and low phosphate. Does any one have particular recommendations??

Again, I think this message is fabulous and I appreciate any suggestions, etc.

Thanks,
    Susan & Lanky

PS I will be working on a picture of Lanky.

2. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

We might. Where are you?

3. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

HI
    I live in El Dorado California, a very tiny town, between Sacramento & South Lake Tahoe, near Shingle Springs, Diamond Springs, & Placerville CA...

Thx

4. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

i can't think of anyone real real cose to you. there's several people over close to san francisco/san jose though that's for sure. some of them might know better if there is someone out your way

5. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

thanks, Mousie, you look so much like Lanky, it made me smile!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.