Another reduction?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beckyboo, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beckyboo

Beckyboo Member

Reduced lantus dose last night to 0.5 unit due to Zorro going under 2.8mmol
    This morning 5.7mmol, given 0.5unit and at +2.5 was only 2.3mmol, fed mod carb food came back up to 3.3.
    I assume since he has again dropped below 2.8, I need to do another dose reduction and go to 0.25 unit tonight?

2. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like he gained .25a reduction with the "41" , but you have to change your post from Canadian numbers to the US numbers so that many will understand them..........the 2.3mmol is what we use, lol.

Beckyboo likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey there. Today's 41 is probably under the influence of the .75 dose still. Usually, back to back reductions don't hold , but since Zorro is still surfing a long in greens and hasn't come up a whole lot you could try the reduction. If by PMPS time he has bounced high, you could hold the .50 and do what we call "shooting through the bounce" and then give the reduction tomorrow at AMPS. If you decide to take the reduction at PMPS and the reduction doesn't hold you can always go back up.

When you get a chance, can you give a little more info in your signature, meter ( I am assuming human since your SS is the human scale) when was Zorro diagnosed and if there is any other medical issues, ever had ketones or DKA, and anything else that would be helpful.

4. Beckyboo

Beckyboo Member

He was still low at PMPS - 94, so dosed him 0.25 and will see how he goes, if he starts to rise again, then I can bump him up like you said. I added to my signature. Thanks

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

He is looking reallllly good. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.