Another source of 0.5U marked syringes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by billr, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billr

billr Member

We had previously bought a box of Reli-On U-100 0.3cc, 8mm syringes because they have the 0.5 unit marking on the barrel. My wife found them difficult to fine tune the dose using the twist the plunger method, as they are quite stiff. In our quest for something better, we bought some Kroger brand syringes today. They are U-100, 0.3cc with a 8mm, 31 gauge needle and 0.5U markings. The plunger is very smooth and easy to twist to fine the the dosage. Since I hadn't seen this brand mentioned before, I thought I would throw it out there.

In the Western US, the Kroger brand is carried by Fred Meyer. In other parts of the country, they are Kroger stores. It was like $19 for a box of 100, as I recall.

2. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Great information! You can also "prime" the syringe by moving the plunger up and down a few times before inserting it into the pen/vial. I found this helps fine-tuning the dose when using the twist method, even with the ReliOns. So, if you have any ReliOn syringes left, you can see if that works for you guys. ;-)

3. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Good to know - i will add it to my list!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.