Another SS Check Request - numbers high, but......

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Bryan & Princess, Jun 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan & Princess

Bryan & Princess Member

Looking for opinions on what to do with Princess's doses. Started at 1u twice a day.

First let me say the day I brought the Vetsulin home from the vet I forgot to put it in the refrigerator until the next morning, so it was out 16-17 hours. but has been kept in refrigerator since.

At first her numbers looked good, but then she started rising, I thought maybe because I was switched from (1) cans of Fancy Feast Classic after AM and PM shots, to (1) can of Friskies Pate AM and (1) can of Fancy Feast Classic at PM. So then I started using (1) can of Fancy Feast after AM (1) mid-day and (1) after PM - always making sure she had no food for 2 hours before testing.

So Glucose was still high and I went from 1u to 1.25 or 1.5u and did her first day curve test at saw an under 50 glucose number.... which made me nervous.

So I backed off a few days and started increasing doses again, but not seeing lower numbers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bryan and Princess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.