Another Success Story - Phyllis and Star

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Wendy&Tiggy(GA), Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Here is another one! Check out this success story of another kitty that just went into remission.

In summary:
    Phyllis and Star joined the board on Monday March 4th and were officially in remission as of Monday April 15th

Timeline:
    March 1 - Star was officially diagnosed with diabetes. Vet put on Lantus 3IU twice a day. Dose is a high to start.
    March 3rd - Took away all dry and started Authority canned after researching using this board.
    March 4th - Vet cuts dose of Lantus to 2IU morning and 1IU evening due to the diet change. Lantus works best on consistent doses ie 1.5IU twice a day but Phyllis didnt have the syringes with 1/2IU markings at this point.
    March 6th - joins the board and starts blood testing using Relion Confirm meter.
    March 7th - gets syringes with 1/2 unit markings.
    March 8th - Moves to a consistent dose of 1.25IU twice a day. Also sets up a spreadsheet and a profile
    March 9th - Phyllis starts posting on the tight regulation forum
    March 12th - Star gets a dose increase because he is showing blood glucose readings consistently in the 300s and 400s.
    March 16th - Star has an under 200 preshot measurement. Phyllis learns to shoot low and manage blood glucose as Star drops under 50 and earns his first dose decrease
    March 18th- April 4th - Stars blood glucose continues to drop into normal cat levels (50-13) and dose is reduced to zero gradually.
    April 2nd - OTJ trial
    April 15 - OTJ.

Check out their OTJ Party and view all the other cats that went into remission!: http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=93316

2. ftsang & Jessica

ftsang & Jessica Member

Congratulation!! I wish my cat "Jessica" too, some day. I hope.

3. quilterkitty

quilterkitty Member

Keeping paws crossed for Jessica. We'd love to see her at the Falls! :mrgreen: You will get great advice and support here, so take advantage of all the information and guidance you can find. And good health to sweet Jess! cat_pet_icon

4. ftsang & Jessica

ftsang & Jessica Member

5. akashasmom

akashasmom Member

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Wishing you the 2 the best!!!!! Akasha says "Cheers!!!" :RAHCAT and xoxo cat_pet_icon I'm in hopes Akasha stays otj too- so far so good!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.