Another Surgery???

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by wigit, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wigit

wigit New Member

Good afternoon,
    I am at a loss at the moment. I am not sure what to do. My Bodi-Kitty was diagnosed with Diabetes last December 2010. It was a very stressful and difficult in the beginning adjusting to his insulin shots 2 times a day and in the process, i lost my job. Yes, I chose to get my cat to the vet than go to work. I did NOT want to put him to sleep. Bodi then suffered from a tumor on his paw. The vet said that these were going to occur because his feet are very dry and cracked. We went through the first surgery to take off the tumor. I was at the vet every other day wrapping his foot up. We owe the Vet a LOT of money. (we also have 2 other cats that we have saved over the years). Well, another tumor on on his back paw is showing up. Once again, I don't want to put him to sleep but there is definitely a financial difficulty here. Please don't think that I am taking this lightly. I have another cat - Kavity - that we have had since he was 6 months old and he is now 16. He has had 4 kidney surgeries over the years and 1 tumor on his side and many sinus infections. We have a 4 year old daughter now and a LOT OF DEBT. I don't know if I can go through the stress of another surgery. I have no other support on this issue.
    Thoughts please?

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I am wishing you the little needed miracles that you can have the surgery done and that it is a success.

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers. What every decision you make it will be the right decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.