another update on Godzilla

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by julie & godzilla, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julie & godzilla

julie & godzilla New Member

He seems to have gotten some of his appetite back because he has been eating fairly good.

The one thing that is bothering me now is he isn't as loving as he was. He doesn't like being touched anymore. If I try giving him so pats he goes away from me.
    Has anyone else's cat acted like this and if so for how long did it last.

Please help

2. Kitkathobnob

Kitkathobnob New Member

Glad to hear that Godzilla is eating better. I guess my cats have always had variable cuddle patterns away, but today was the first time Kits actually sat on my lap since all this started (back in June). So I don't think you are alone in finding behaviour changes - all of this must be hard on our fur babies; my biggest problem is waiting for Hobnob to stop hissing at Kitkat!

3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

What are Godzilla's BG levels at the moment?

Saoirse was very withdrawn when her levels were higher, but as her BG became better and better regulated and we homed in on the right medications to help her with digestive discomfort she has become much more sociable and affectionate; more her normal self. It has taken time and the testing, injections and meds have been tough on both of us but the alternative doesn't bear even a nanonsecond's contemplation. I can't express strongly enough the benefit of giving protein treats (e.g. freeze-dried chicken) when treatments are administered. They helped me to reassure and comfort Saoirse when she didn't understand what was going on. As she started feeling better she grew to understand that her person's new-found obsession with sticking pointy things into her and making her swallow nasty-tasting stuff was done to help her. She's still not overjoyed at any of the treatments, but she knows they make a huge difference. The reward? Over the last fortnight, my beloved girl has started snuggling up beside me at night for the first time in months. Can't find the words to describe the joy and relief I feel to see her happier and healthier. I've hated every moment of discomfort I have caused her during her treatment, but it was necessary - life saving - and knowing that helps me to cope/come to terms with the bad bits.

Hope some of the above helps.

4. Thebudster77

Thebudster77 Member

Hello Julie,

Jack had a long road to recovery. He was dx @ 634 and wobbly legs. Talk about heartbreak.

He always had a good appetite and took to all wet right away. Thank God!

Overtime, with getting the numbers down, he started to become more sociable and was walking better.

Hearing him yowl in the middle of the night, wanting attention, (normal behavior with him) was such a welcome sign, I cried.

We know our kitties more than anyone ever will.

Once they feel better they will get back to the old routine.

Jack is now visiting his favorite haunts, jumping up on things and for no reason racing down the hall. All normal behavior for him.

I wish you all the best!
    Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.