Another UTI?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by cat and sweet max, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cat and sweet max

cat and sweet max Member

My 14 year old girl started Clindamycin in the beginning of July (prior to a dental).
    After her dental in mid July, she was given a Penicillin injection. And put on Clindamycin for another 7 days.
    In mid August, she was peeing blood, had a negative x-ray, and put on Baytril for 10 days to treat a UTI.
    On the last day of August, a urinalysis still revealed blood, so she was put on another 10 days of Baytril.
    By September 3rd, she refused the Baytril, and was given a Convenia injection.
    Last Friday (Sept 21), her urinalysis came back good (possibly a few crystals, but could have been artifacts(?) ).
    Today (sept 27), she is peeing blood again.
    She eats mostly canned FF Tender Beef Feast, and occasional dry Purina One Beyond.
    Any/all helpful input will be appreciated.
    Special food? Over the counter supplements? More antibiotics? Something called Methogel(sp?)?
    My pharmacist said humans with frequent UTI's are put on 30 days of Microdanitin(sp?) after a successful antiobiotic treatment. She didn't know if there was anything similar for felines.

Thank you hugs and headbutts,

Cat, Sweet Max (no bleeding), and gang

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I dont have any experience with this so :/ no advice...But as always sending prayers this gets under control. Geeze just seems like you cant catch a break. Wish I could be of more help.
    jeanne

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Was a urine culture done? If no or no bacteria found Could be just idiopathic sterile cystitis (inflammation of the bladder without infection and not reason found). my patches uses to get the bloody urine without an infection. She seemed to get it after being attacked by another kitty of mine.
    My vet says that Cousaquin helps. Are you talking about Mannose?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannose
    dl-methionine which is used for acidify urine to disolve/help prevent formation of struvite crystals?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.