Another wonky PMPS?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Simon'sMommy, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon'sMommy

Simon'sMommy Well-Known Member

A few days ago Simon tested lower at the PMPS test than he did at +9 (414@+9 and 332@PMPS) and the same thing just happened. He tested at 320 @+10 and now he is at 249! What the heck is going on? He did not eat for the last hour and 45 mins. (he is a grazer and eats a few bites here and there but I took it away) so is that it maybe? In case it was a wonky test strip, I did a second PMPS test since I still had blood coming out and it was 255 within a minute of the other one. Is that normal too? I am confused! :shock:

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry. Those numbers are within the 20% variance, so if you consider that, he is basically surfing at the end of the cycle. The other possibility is that his pancreas is kicking in to help out a tiny bit. This would be good. :D But does make dosing more complicated.

Is it time to shoot? Are you thinking 2?

3. Simon'sMommy

Simon'sMommy Well-Known Member

Yup, gave him 2 units. We will see how his AMPS is. Bet it will be higher than it has been the last couple of days. Hope not though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.