Any cats allergic to kangaroo?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Crystal0268, Aug 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crystal0268

Crystal0268 New Member

My cat got food allergies at 13 and is allergic to everything (except lamb, which she doesn't like) so I've been feeding her kangaroo. It's been 4 weeks and shes having a full blown reaction on her skin.

How can she be allergic to kangaroo if she's never had it before? Does anyone else have a cat with this allergy? I'm really wondering if the "broth" ingredient is something other than kangaroo.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I have fed three cats with kangaroo with no problems, but I use fresh raw kangaroo meat with nothing else added.
    I'd look to see what else is in with the kangaroo mix. They should list the ingredients on the packet?

3. Lillie

Lillie Member

I would check all the ingredients added. Fish oil is a big one that is added along with pork by products. Finding a pure limited ingredient food is difficult but they are out there. I also wonder about the carageenen that is added to a lot of the canned foods and if some cats may have an allergic reaction to this. Duck is the only thing my cat does well on and actually likes - thank goodness.

4. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

He could be allergic to something even if he hasn't eaten it before not all allergies develop over time once is enough to trigger a reaction, but maybe you should try and see what other ingredients besides the protein do all the foods you've given him have in common the protein may not be the problem

5. Crystal0268

Crystal0268 New Member

I feed her Walkabout kangaroo:
    Kangaroo, Broth, Ovine Plasma, Brewers Yeast, Calcium Carbonate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Agar Agar, Cassia, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, Vitamins/Minerals (Vitamin D3, Iodine, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B1, Organic Copper, Organic Manganese, Vitamin B5, Organic Selenium, Vitamin E, White Oil, Free Flow Additive, Vitamin B3, Organic Zinc, Organic Iron, Calcium Carbonate), Taurine, Choline Chloride.

6. Crystal0268

Crystal0268 New Member

I just looked up brewers yeast, and maybe that's what it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.