Any ideas what these symtoms could mean?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by jan and Hep and sara (GA), Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

I took Sara to the vet on saturday after she peed on the puppy pad. I had noticed that her eyes were running a little but didn't think much of it till she urinated on the floor. That has always been Sara's way of telling me hey I don't feel good. She did it when she was DX with diabetes and than again with hyper T.

She took blood but couldn't get a C&S because her bladder was empty. So I was given the task to collect it. I brought it by monday after work. It was easy Sara has always been cooperative. The good news is that her blood work looks very good. Her bg was 88! I'm very proud of that! The vet [not my normal vet] was very surprised that her being diabetic that she had such a good #. Not me.

Her thyroid was excellent to. 2.5 The only thing that was a little high was her calcium. 11.1 [8.2-10.8 normal]

The whites of her eyes have always been a little pink but they are bloodshot now. Her inner ear flaps have little crusty red things. I also noticed that on her chin she has a couple clusters of this hard almost scabby stuff except it's lightish brown in color. I'm going to try to put a picture of that here but sorry it's not a good picture. It was hard to get it up close with having to hold her head up. Also she had lost some weight. About 3 pounds she's down to 11pd. I didn't even notice that. [she is a full figured kitty] Otherwise she is eating and going to the bathroom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Q Has anybody come across anything similar to these symptoms? I have no idea what it could be. I'm worried. I will find out tomorrow on the urine test.

Thanks. Hope everybody has a good night.

jan and sara

2. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

Not much of help for you, just hopes someone else comes along and see this

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

No advice or ideas but this will bump up your thread for more eyes...Praying Sara is OK.
    jeanne

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I hope you find out whats wrong and it goes away all by itself and or quickly.

(((Scritches to Sara)))

5. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what those symptoms could mean .. mocha's eyes have always a pink tinge to the white area as well .. last month she kept getting green eye boogies so we took her to the vet .. they checked for ulcers and scratches and she had none .. we did AB eye drops for a few weeks as well as artificial tear ointments, because a test came back saying mocha had dry eye .. but those were her only symptoms, she did not lose weight or get things in her ears (though a few weeks later she came down with bacteria infections in both ears) ... and she did not have anything on her chin ..

6. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

My daughter's little guy..still just a kitten gets something similar when stressed. The first time was right after he was neutered, and this time it was just last week. They did not notice he has slipped out of the apartment and was lost for a few hours on the second floor. They just moved in 2 weeks ago so noone could recognize the kitten to the owners, and then it was the middle of the night. Their vet has diagnosed it initially as plasma cell pododermatits, and it can affect both the lips and the pads of the feet. He is on anti biotics and and immune booster for it. The true diagnosis would be to do a biopsy, but that would create even more stress. When/if the anti biotics stop working then the next thing used are steroids, which everyone wants to avoid at this juncture.
    I once had a link for it, but it seems to have been lost.
    Dana

7. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Poor little Sara. I keep thinking allergies of some sort but that doesn't explain the innappropriate urination. Does she go outside or have contact with other animals? I hope your vet gets it figured out and I hope she gets better soon. Please keep us posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.