any info on Nutrience cat food?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ry & Scooter, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ry & Scooter

Ry & Scooter Member

seems like good stuff for $2 a 13oz can, but it does have rice on the ingredients somewhere. I picked up 6 cans of the chicken formula but I can return it if it's no good. i can't find as fed values anywhere so maybe someone knows.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Not familiar to me (central US).

You may need to write to the manufacturer and request the "As Fed" values or the "Dry Matter Basis".

3. Ry & Scooter

Ry & Scooter Member

Oh yeah it's only sold in Canada and Australia I think, I have emailed Hagen asking for the info but thought someone else might know if it's any good. I know a lot of it is marketing hype but it is pretty cheap, and if it's better than Friskies, Whiskas, and Sophistacat, I can continue to buy it.

http://www.nutrience.ca/cat/product/141/chicken/

4. Ry & Scooter

Ry & Scooter Member

A++ response from Hagen:

Lol!!! Scooter doesn't seem to like it much past the first few tries, so it looks like I'll be returning it anyways. I got a case of Wellness for now. Damn that stuff is expensive.

5. akbahsMum

akbahsMum Member

I made use of your wording. I just emailed FancyFeast and FussyCat (VIP Petfoods) to find out what their carb content is. I used your wording. Hope that's okay. It made it just easy enough for me to get off my backside and do it.

6. Ry & Scooter

Ry & Scooter Member

No problem, just make sure you tell them you need to know the % of calories from carbs, as that's the number we need, not just the overall % of carbs. I think that's where the Hagen rep got lost, looks like they just took the guaranteed analysis and assumed the leftovers were carbs. Which is really inaccurate lol

7. Ry & Scooter

Ry & Scooter Member

Well this doesn't matter any more anyways, Scooter decided the food is not good and he sniffed and rejected the bowl I gave him last night and today. So he got Friskies instead and gobbled that right up. I will be returning the remaining cans and letting the service rep know that Scooter doesn't like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.