Any more news on Friskies?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ceil99, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceil99

ceil99 Member

I am getting worried. I have emailed and also got the "general generic" response everyone here has gotten.

I am feeding about 12 cans a day to my crew and they are really picking at it. What has everyone tried around here? Has anyone tried other flavors of the Friskies or has everyone just switched to a different food?

My crew really isn't into 9-Lives very much and pick at Sophisticat. I did try a few Authority and of course, it is .60 a can and they ate it up. I definitely cannot afford that. :roll:

WOW

2. Tim & Chris

Tim & Chris Member

My cats get Friskies since Wellnes went up so much. Is there a problem with it?

3. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

My cats have been fine with Friskies. I thought the biggest concern was with FF changing some of the ingredients (they admitted that in one of the responses). I think someone also mentioned (or maybe a few people) about Country Style or whatever it's called. My cats haven't liked that flavor for awhile, so we're using other flavors now. Maybe just try switching flavors? Mine get stuck on certain flavors, then all of a sudden, they hate them. I switch flavors, then those become their new favorite foods. :roll:

4. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

There have been some people over on facebook from fdmb talking about some issues with their cats not eating the friskies either or having some vomiting or just some vague issues with it. As I am the one who first posted about this - I can only encourage EVERYONE to call/write friskies. It is the only way we are going to get their attention to start looking into it.

It may NOT be all their food but certain "batches". Again - all I know is now that we have our animals off the friskies - we are not having the problems we were.

5. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Hi Patti,

What are you feeding your cats, now that you have them off the Friskies? My cats are all bulking at the Friskies, as well as a couple that eat the FF foods.

9 Lives had a recall or a warning about something wrong with their foods not too long ago, and now I am concerned about using that again. My cats only liked the Tuna Select that was 9 Lives anyway, and that is not good for cats like mine that have urinary issues. They should not have 'fish' flavors, at least not very often.

This is really getting very annoying and worrisome. I know a lot of folks here make their own food, and also can afford to buy the more expensive foods, but it is hard for those of us who cannot do these things and we still want to do what is best for our furbabies.

Jean and Charcoal (GA)

6. Snoops mom

Snoops mom Member

My cats had a problem with the Special diet turkey and giblets, but only one particular case.
    I've set that aside and opened up a new case and they are doing fine on that.

Still haven't gotten around to contacting the company but it's on my to do list

7. ceil99

ceil99 Member

Anybody have any more info on Friskies or FF? I got the "generic" response when emailed Purina. I have been noticing more and more people on here having issues.

I am getting worried. I have switched to Sophisticat and/or 9-Lives, but they are not really too, too excited about it.

confused_cat confused_cat confused_cat :-Q angry(2)_cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.