Any one use Stella & Chewy's Freeze Dried?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Jones has been putting me through the ringer lately. He decided not to eat his Rawz food. So I have been on a hunt for new food. He seems to have settled on Instinct Chicken original recipe. I think it is about 3% carb. I pick out the carrots and peas.

I also tried Stella & Chewy's freeze dried. He will not eat them when they are moistened but will eat them as a topper or treat.

Has anyone used these? I am thinking they are higher carb then I think. Especially the duck.

Maybe I should try the primal. These days it is about what he will eat.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Stella & Chewy's is not good about giving out nutritional information, if I recall correctly, so it's not clear what the carb values are for any of the flavors, but I have heard that some of them do seem to raise BG. Anecdotally, I've been giving Amber the chicken variety for quite a while now, and haven't seen any increase in her numbers (she's OTJ, so I'd notice!).

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

That seemed ok, but last night gave the duck and his numbers are through the roof this morning. So I think chicken is ok - turkey and duck not so much.

Good thing I only bought the 3oz size bags!

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.