any problems with Friskies? recalls?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Snoops mom, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snoops mom

Snoops mom Member

I've got one cat who is vomiting and one cat with loose stools and a third cat who is not showing any interest in food, the only cat here who is eating and seems ok is Nell

Raven just refused lunch, as did Sheldon, the cat who is vomiting, and so did Sita, my daughter's cat whom I'm sitting- Sita has the loose and very smelly stools
    And one of the cats left some loose stool on the bathroom floor this morning, no idea which cat that was.

They are all eating Friskies classic pate foods, mainly the Special Diet turkey (they had that yesterday) and Liver and Chicken flavor, which right now only Nell is eating

No signs of anything else wrong except upset tummies, not wanting to eat and the vomiting/loose stool

so, I am thinking maybe food related? but that does not explain why Nell appears to be ok :?:

any ideas?

If they are not better tomorrow I'll call the vet, but was wondering if any one else has had a problem with Friskies canned foods recently???

2. SherylandClouseau

SherylandClouseau Member

Many have had problems

My crew simply refused to continue eating it- here's a link to the recent thread on the subject;

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7124&p=80222&hilit=friskies#p80222

I would stop feeding it, and see if that gets everybody feeling better. In my household, we didn't have any major issues- some vomiting, but not a lot more than normal- they just completely quit eating it. For all 4 of them to quit like that, I knew it had to be the food.

Hope that helps!

3. Snoops mom

Snoops mom Member

thanks so much for that information Sheryl!! I am going to contact the company, I think it was a bad can of food.

I'm going to get them something else. at least they all look a bit better tonight!

4. SherylandClouseau

SherylandClouseau Member

I'm glad they're feeling better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.