Any recommendations for Seattle area vets?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Alfred, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alfred

Alfred Member

Hello!

I am wondering if there are any Seattle area members who have any recommendations for vets who are experienced with treating diabetic cats and are on board with the low carb wet only diet (won't push for "subscription" foods) and home testing.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

I am on the east side of Seattle (Kirkland, Redmond area), but am willing to drive for a good vet.

Thank you!

2. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

I know a great vet that is totally onboard with the current FD practices. Redwood Animal Hospital in Redmond. I used to work there and a tech who still does just recently visited me so I asked her how they handle diabetes. They sound like they are right on track. It is also a clean facility with really great people. I highly recommend them. It's been awhile since I lived there, but they are right down by the movie theater in Redmond.

Address: 16390 NE 87th St, Redmond, WA 98052
    Phone:(425) 885-6666
    Hours: Open today · 7:00 am – 9:00 pm

Good luck!

3. Alfred

Alfred Member

Thank you so much for the recommendation! I will definitely check them out!

4. Reese&ColeInSeattle

Reese&ColeInSeattle New Member

Hi - I'm new to the board and want to find a Seattle area vet (ideally actually in Seattle) for my diabetic cat.

My cat, Reese, was diagnosed with diabetes maybe about a year ago. She went into remission a few months ago but the signs are coming back and I need to get back into a regime. I have nothing against our current vet, but I feel like I need better support and a vet whose open to diet-based/wet food solutions.

Also, if anyone knows any good diabetic-cat pet sitters, boarding situations for the holidays, I'd be most appreciative

Thanks!
    Sonja

5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

See my signature link Vet Interview Topics for questions to ask candidate vets.

Then, do a http://Maps.Google.Com search for "Veterinarian near your address, Seattle, Washington"

Search without your street address here
    Fill in your street address to center on the vets nearest you.

6. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.