Any resources for commercial raw cat foods?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ji & Fletchie, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ji & Fletchie

Ji & Fletchie New Member

I was wondering if there are resources where they compare commercial raw cat foods (and/or nutrition packets I can mix with raw meat) for FD and CKD cats. I am not sure if I can make my own raw food at this time and would like to research if commercial raw food would work for my cat (FD, CKD, GI issues, freq. pancreatitis).

Appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't know about comparisons, but I know a lot of people use EZ Complete from FoodFurLife

It uses egg shells for calcium instead of bone, so the phosphorus is lower, which is the most important thing for cat with CKD

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

This page on EZComplete has the nutritional information when adding to chicken. My girl had CKD and diabetes (and heart condition and lymphoma). I fed raw, half with EZComplete, and some commercial raw that was low phosphorus either with using egg shell calcium or calcium carbonate, or bone powder. Depending on where you live, TC Feline also has a Special Formula premix for kidney kitties that uses calcium carbonate instead of bone powder.

This page on Tanya's website compares the nutrional values of some commercial raw foods. At the top of that page under the Tberapeutic Kidney Foods is the listing for Darwin's Kidney support product.

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's different in Canada, but according to their website, their cat formula now only includes egg shells instead of bone powder

5. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Rad Cat & Primal are 2 commercial raw foods available and some higher-quality pet food stores will stock them in their freezers.

6. Ji & Fletchie

Ji & Fletchie New Member

Great, thanks for the info. At least I have a starting point. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.