Any support groups for feline asthma?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by paige, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Well I am here again. My civvy Shelby seem to have developed a cough in the last week. It is not a dry cough nor a hairball cough. It does sound wet/phlegmy. His initial visit to the vet didnt go so well because he is very hard to examine without sedation. I am very suspicious that he has asthma. I am really looking to find a group that I can read about other's initial diagnosis' as well symptoms their cats had. I want to have done my research before I take him back in for chest xrays, etc.

Any links, groups or thoughts? I appreciate anything you can offer. I hate to see my boy like this. The episodes are very short in duration and very sporatic as well. He doesn't seem to be suffering, however he has lost some weight and a bit lethargic. (he is also recently been put on prozac for spraying all over the house.....animal behaviorist involved and all)

Thanks
    Paige

2. Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout

Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout Well-Known Member

3. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Bless you ((((Deanie)))) :YMHUG:

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Which came 1st - peeing or Prozac? Adverse effects can happen; check with the prescribing vet if the Prozac came first.

Has pneumonia, or cardiomyopathy, or heart failure been ruled out by vet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.