? Any thoughts? Peacock had a weird high midday reading today 137 AM, 273 (+6), 129 PM

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peacock, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peacock

Peacock Member

Peacock was 137 at AMPS, 273 at +6 (tested again and got 255), and now 126 at PMPS (tested in the other ear right away and got 140)

I gave her a slightly reduced dose of ProZinc this morning (.15) because she was lowish. My no-shoot number has been 130 lately, but now I am not sure, partly because the mid-day reading was out of whack for no known reason. I thought she might be in a bounce, but would she be back to where she is now with a bounce?

I am supposed to give her a dose in a few minutes, will probably do the same as this morning

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Can you stall for 30 minutes without feeding to see if Peacock's BG is rising on its own or have you already fed her?

3. Peacock

Peacock Member

Just got a 183, but she had about an ounce of FF in the last 30 minutes

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

How about trying 0.1u tonight and get a +2 test to see what she is up to?

5. Peacock

Peacock Member

That is the plan. Thanks Linda. I will do a +2, and one more before bed.

Any idea what would cause a climb and fall like that in the middle? Fur shot? Dose too low, too high? Sigh...

6. MrWorfMen's Mom

Well all I can do is guess and that would be that when you shot this morning, Peacock was still dropping and her "defense" system clicked in and said WHOAA! and spilled some stored glucose out to stop the drop. Or it could be what we call NDW (new dose wonkiness). She seems to have sorted things out well in any event so don't focus on that one number because that's all it is... one number at one moment in time. Focus on the big picture and that is looking pretty good!

7. Peacock

Peacock Member

Thanks. I guess I will just stay the course, which does seem to be going well. Just trying to fine tune, so today's surprise reading threw me a bit.

8. MrWorfMen's Mom

That's Peacock's job.....to throw you curves to drive you crazy. Don't get sucked into that vortex. Look at the big picture and see what great progress you've made! :D

CandyH & Catcat and Peacock like this.
  9. Peacock

Peacock Member

I got 203 at the +2. I plan to check again before I go to bed. Hope to get a nice boring number! :D

10. MrWorfMen's Mom

A rise to 203 given she had dinner 2hours ago is more of a flat reading than a rise given 20% meter variance allowance. Fingers crossed for a boring number at bedtime. :)

11. Peacock

Peacock Member

Bedtime test was 84 in one ear, 116 in the other. Those numbers are about what I would expect to see from her around now. I have been nervous about getting inaccurate readings so she has been getting a few double-ear tests this week. She got a spoonful of FF to go with the pokes.

Thanks for the hand-holding, much appreciated! :bighug:

12. MrWorfMen's Mom

YEAH for the 84/116 readings. Looks like her pancreas is getting back to business. My pleasure to help you out with your cutie pie! Any word on if/when the adoption will be final? ;)

13. Peacock

Peacock Member

We have not discussed finalizing it yet, but I have been planning on getting in touch with them to do that soon. We were expecting to do a straight adoption when we met with the coordinator, but she offered the foster-to-adopt route as a way to ease into it, especially wanting to cushion the potential financial impact. That gave us more room in the March budget for all the gear a cat could want, and I spent April acquiring a back-up stash of the most affordable diabetic supplies I could find. I think May will be the month to make it official. :)

14. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.