Any updates on simon?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by janelle and Nomad, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janelle and Nomad

janelle and Nomad Member

I was wondering if Simon got enough funds to get his dental work done.It sounded like things are beginning to look up for Simon and his mommie.Katrina still can't decided which tom Kitty she likes best.She does stare at Tucker and Tom Tom when I showed her their pictures!

Jan (Katrina's servant) »^^« Katrina and the rest of the motley feline crew

2. janelle and Nomad

janelle and Nomad Member

For anyone else wondering about simon, DCIN just posted on the original Simon thread about ten minutes ago.We must have crossed paths!

3. alipuffs

alipuffs New Member

Simon is coming along well, thanks to you help and the kindness of those who donated to his dental fund. I don't know what I would have done had i not found this site. I fear Simon would not have made it.. His dental appointment is in january. Our home is safe and after surviving Christmas, now we are having a snow storm. Had to line up for bread, milk and plenty of food for my Simon. We may be stuck for a while. there are no words good enough to express how grateful we are to you, katrina and Jan, for helping Simon. Venita has brought us to a wonderful place. We still struggle with keeping his sugar levels safe. he shoots high and low from day to day. He is feeling much better now that the antibiotics have removed his infection and we are working hard to get him to a place where he may be insulin free someday soon. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that the new year brings us all much love and healthy happy kittys. barbara

4. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

Just throwing this out there.. Venita said she took over some Fancy Feast for Simon, and not sure if that's what you're feeding him still. There are LOTS of cheaper wet foods out there though that you can feed him. Some store brands are pretty cheap, like Walmart's Special Kitty, and even Petsmart's Sophisticat. I know some of them, like Friskies & maybe Sophisticat? even have the larger cans too if you want to save money that way. Take what you need out of the fridge & nuke it for his meals. Just a few ways of saving money, but still feeding the wet food! ;-)

5. alipuffs

alipuffs New Member

Thank you for the wet food info. I will look into this. Simon really enjoys the wet food and with his dental coming up, he may lose all of his teeth so he will be staying on the wet for from now on. right now, any tips on saving money is well taken and appreciated. Barbara

6. janelle and Nomad

janelle and Nomad Member

My diabetic cat Nomad is basically toothless and still manages to do quite well with the wet food.I only buy him the varities that are ground or pate. The varities that are in chunks, strips and flakes are harder for him to swallow and are usually higher in carbs also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.