Anyone ever hear of Vestibular Disease?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by dd & savannah, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dd & savannah

dd & savannah Member

Hi all,

They think this is what may have happened to Savannah. Does anyone know anything about it? I have read many things online but I was wondering if anyone has had an experience with their dog or cat or knows any more information.

Thanks,
    Dianne

2. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

I had a dog many years ago that had it. it acts like a stroke in dogs. my poor poochie could only lift his head and only for a little while. took a long time for it to subside and for him to get any strength. he never gained all back in legs and was weak but I would exercise him and do PT to help strengthen the muscles

3. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Cindy(and Mousie) had a cat with it so maybe you could pm her, but I don't think she gets on here much anymore.
    I think maybe she had to give ear drops and it took a while but it did get better.

4. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

Hi there. Mousie's was brought on by a bad ear infection she had. I discovered her unable to walk one morning. of course i thought hypo but testing her BG revealed otherwise. i posted a video of her trying to walk (i.e. spinning in circles, falling over, etc....) on here and several gals recognized it as vestibular. a vet visit revealed the ear infection and then rest and about a week of ear drops and anti-biotics i think got her straightened back up. she's a strong former street girl so never lost her appetite and she didn't really suffer from nausea from it. we just had to try and keep her still and quiet so she didn't hurt herself.

as Jill said I'm not around much lately but will check back for the next few days in case I can help you with any questions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.