? Anyone feeding Nature's Protection/Nuevo/Cat Natura

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lilian, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilian

Lilian Member

Hello,

My diabetic cat is eating mostly homemade food using TC feline premix, but my other cat refuses to eat it. So I have been giving her Miamor Ragout Royale. My diabetic cat also loves it and sometimes prefers it to his own food. I'm not sure if Miamor Ragout Royale is good enough for a diabetic cat. They don't eat Animonda. Today I bought Bozita. They didn't eat that either. So I have only left - Cat Natura (ingredients look fine, but they are based on fish), Nature's Protection (some have rice in it, but some don't), Nuevo. Is someone using them? What about their carbs? I checked all US and Europe lists, but couldn't find these anywhere.

2. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Hi Lilian,
    If you let me have the percentages from the food labels for; protein, fat, ash, fibre and moisture, I will work out the carb values of those foods for you.
    It's also good to check the label for any sources of sugar or carbohydrate (grains, potato, peas etc...)

Eliz

3. Lilian

Lilian Member

Hello,
    Thank you very much. Luckily I have managed to calculate them myself for now. In most canned food Science Protection has 0℅ carbs, Nuevo 4℅ and Cat Natura around 19% (dry matter carbs). None of them have bad ingredients, but Cat Natura is based on tuna. My cats hated Science Protection, one of them tasted Nuevo once and they both love Cat Natura. So they are junkies:)

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.