anyone gone in /out/in remission again after illness?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anne Biddle, Dec 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

So, after 2 weeks of being very poorly and 5 days of antibiotics and 3 days of painkillers Truffles is finally feeling more like himself. He has his appetite back and is able to jump up to get his food again. However, after 3 months off juice he is now back to square one with the diabetes. It is very disappointing but I'm just glad he is feeling better. He is now responding to the insulin and I am just keeping my fingers crossed that we can get back in to remission. Does anyone have any experience of illness knocking a cat out of remission and if it is possible to go back in to it?

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi Anne, I'm so glad to hear that Truffles is feeling better. I don't have any advice to give on the question of being knocked out of remission, and I'm very sorry to hear about that, but I'm sure there are others that have been there and will respond. Don't despair, hopefully Truffles will soon be again OTJ! Perhaps change the title of the thread to reflect that you are looking for information on that subject?

Anne Biddle likes this.
  3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sheba fell out of remission after 2 1/2 years due to illness and dispite my best efforts I could not get her back into remission. It is harder the second time around. But there have been a few cases that I can think of. @Bobbie And Bubba was one of them I think.

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey there. Yes, Bubba was knocked out of remission 2 times due to a toothaches. Each of those times he was only off the juice for about 6 weeks so his remission was still so new. The 3rd time was from a GI episode with lots of diarrhea and not eating well. That was his longest time OTJ and it was only for 6 months.

I am still trying to get him back to the talks again. This has been very hard this go round. I had him all the way down to 1 drop and then he started creeping up again. He is currently at 0.5 unit. It does get harder each time but it can be done.

I wish you lots and lots of luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.