? Anyone handy for quick dosage consult?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by shelaghc, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shelaghc

shelaghc Well-Known Member

Jester's AMPS was around 280. Gave him 2U, but he barely ate 2/3 of a can before I left for work.

Just got home - PMPS is 133.

.5U, 1U, or abstain?

Stalling wasn't really an option. He didn't want to keep still for the first check. Right now he's inhaling his carby shreds.

@Djamila @Kris & Teasel @Rachel

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Since he's already eaten, there isn't really any way to know, so I would say go with your gut and then monitor. Get a +2 on whatever you decide so you'll have an idea for next time how it went.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  3. shelaghc

Sounds good. I went with 1U considering how much he's eaten tonight - over 1 can of shreds.
    The last time he had a bg that low in the evening I went with .5U and his bg went up to the 300s overnight.

Part of the problem, I think, is that he isn't always as interested in eating as much in the morning as he should. Once the insulin hits his system, he does want to eat and when that happens I give him as much as I can until I have to leave.

Djamila likes this.
  4. shelaghc

It's been a stressful first week and I nodded off.
    So Jester got a 3 hour fasting +5 - BG was 161 and he ate two cans total of the shreds since I got home.

Seriously thinking I might need to reduce his daytime insulin during the week because of how little he eats in the morning.

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You could try it and then get a curve on a day off using that same dosing regimen. If nothing else, the lower AM dose will ease your mind.

shelaghc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.