Anyone have info on Friskies Selects or new Whiskas food?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by LynnLee + Mousie, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

i'm curious as to whether anyone has carb info on the Friskies Indoor Selects canned foods? They look high carb but wanted to make sure.

Also, i've noticed the Whiskas has a new little tub type of food, wondered if it's the same stuff, just in a different package??? or if it's a different food?

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Don't have one but the ingredients list for Homestyle Turkey Indoor Select has wheat gluten listed at number 3 behing water and turkey.

http://www.petfooddirect.com/Product/96 ... d-Cat-Food

Water sufficient for processing, turkey, wheat gluten, corn bran, corn starch-modified, chicken, artificial and natural flavors, soy flour, brown rice, spinach, meat by-products, liver, salt, corn oil, potassium chloride, added color, calcium phosphate, choline chloride, taurine, thiamine mononitrate, Vitamin E supplement, zinc sulfate, niacin, ferrous sulfate, calcium pantothenate, Vitamin A supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), pyridoxine hydrochloride, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, biotin, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, potassium iodide. A-6086

3. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

I don't have numbers, but the Whiska tubs are more of a patte with a bit of juice/grease like many of the canned pattes, not the normal chunks and gravy I've seen most of their products come as. I tought I was getting chunks and gravy, but was peasantly suprised at the patte (usually lower carb) and my cats adore it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.