Anyone in the Phoenix, AZ area? Diabetic food to donate.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by andeey, Jun 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andeey

andeey New Member

Hi,

My cat, Zoe, was diagnosed with feline diabetes last October and I was successfully treating her for months. I found this forum and although I was only a lurker, I did find the members and information here very useful.

Unfortunately, a couple of months ago, I lost Zoe. In addition to her diabetes, she was suffering from osteoarthritis, which made getting around extremely difficult and I was carrying her to the cat box, back to bed, etc. However, she also started to have difficulty breathing and when I took her back to the vet, they diagnosed her with massive heart failure. She was in pain and suffering, so I made the tough decision to let her go. She was 16, I adopted her as a kitten, and I miss her every day.

I am just now to the point where I can even consider what to do with her things and I have some prescription diabetic cat food that I would like to donate. I have a nearly full bag of Purina D/M dry food and 16 cans of Purina D/M wet food. The dry food was opened, but was 10 pounds to start and is mostly there. The wet food obviously sealed. Both were fairly expensive, so while I could donate to a local shelter, I would rather give to help other diabetic kitties.

If you're local to the Phoenix area or know of a rescue who takes in diabetic cats, please let me know. Thank you and good luck to the rest of you fighting the good fight with your babies.

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi just reading this , I just wanted to tell you I'm so sorry about your precious Zoe.
    My heart goes out to you

andeey likes this.
  3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I am very sorry to read of your loss of Zoe. I wish we had had a chance to meet and get to know both of you. Thank you for your generosity in offering supplies to someone in your area.
    Again, condolences. Peace and comfort, and ease for your aching heart. cat_wings>o

4. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

The prescription food you should be able to return to the vet for a refund. The shelters may be able to let you know if they have any fosters caring for a diabetic cat. They also may know of any rescue groups that also have diabetic cats in their rescue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.