? Anyone use CBD oil for their cat?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I have some questions about using CBD Oil.

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

4. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Spot has been using CBD oil for about 2 months now. From a FD perspective, I haven't noticed that it affects BG at all, but if your kitty has episodes of loss of appetite or any pain it is absolutely worth trying. The biggest impact I've noticed is in his appetite. Spot used to go for weeks without any appetite whatsoever, to the point where assist feeding was a normal part of our daily life. In that time he also suffered his first pancreatitis episode and dropped several pounds as a result... and just seemed miserable all the time. He went from a healthy 11+lbs back in January to skin and bones 7.8lbs 2 months ago. I was preparing myself mentally to have to make the decision that none of us wants to make, but was going to try everything I could first.
    So fast-forward to today, his appetite is amazing and he's gained back 1.5lbs since starting on CBD oil. I 100% believe that he wouldn't be here any more if we hadn't discovered CBD oil when we did. I give him a small dose of 2.4mg daily, and sometimes give him more if we are traveling or he has a vet appointment. It is really good for calming his stress too.

I second this. There is a lot of good info in the FB group!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.