anyone use freestyle lite meters. plus more.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anonymous, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i have a vial of strips (50) and i cannot make out an expy date. there are a bunch of numbers ending in 2/03...i need info.

also...i'm starting to have an accumulation of strips getting within a month of expy. so if i can't get them all out within the next week or so you are welcome to them for just regular newbie kit shipping costs. i won't let them go to waste. most are in vials of 50....such a shame.. the rush of newbie's has trinkled lately to a slow drip..
    so i'll still be looking for newer strips folks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you like the meter? The strips?

3. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

i've been using the freestyle meters for 4 years now and love them....they're quick, require little blood, not too big and bulky. one pertinent piece of info, you can use the strips well past the expiration date and they retain their accuracy

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

cindy sweetie, i cannot find a expy date on that vial ANYWHERE...yes, i'd love to try it, send it out but where is the darn expy? i guess i was posting to actually ask do these strips have an expy?

5. LynnLee + Mousie

it should say right on the vial somewhere. i can look at one of mine tonight and let you know exactly where. they do have an expiration date but in my personal opinion that's a legal technicality on a lot of things :) i know i didn't like the idea of sending out expired strips to newbies either though as they don't know all these details in the beginning but i just recently finished some for instance that expired in 2008 and the readings went hand in hand with some strips that don't expire until next year

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there are a bunch of #'s ending in 3/03 which i certainly hope is not the expy.
    i may have a couple of accu-checks 50 to a vial, expy in 10/31 that i don't want to waste..i seem to have a lot of strips that should go out NOW and suddenly my newbie's have dried up...i'll ship them to lantus folks who use what? 7-10 strips a day? for shipping cost and if they want small donation. or maybe i'll get 5 newbie requests tonignt. i'm giving these a week cuase no way i'm gonna waste them.

7. LynnLee + Mousie

i think dian and wheezer knows how to get around that date on the aviva's. kinda a pain in the butt but you gotta open up the meter and do some re-soldering, etc on the circuit board inside.... she's the only one that i know that has tried it and it worked. i was going to but never got around to it.

sooooo, if need be, between her own Wheezer and fostering the Boyz, i bet she could use some of those aviva strips. as the end of the month comes around, if you still have those hanging around maybe see if she's interested in them? or if someone wants to "sponsor" the Boyz a little by purchasing them for her for the Boyz? they're all on lantus i believe so i'm sure she's testing 4,783,549 times a day :D

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

r u kidding. i'm gonna open a meter and sodder around in it?? :lol: that is funny.
    yes i have several different kinds that are all coming up to expy...darn it. where are my newbie's when i need them!
    i think accu is the only meter that actually rejects an expy strip. the b**tards.

9. Jean and Megan

Jean and Megan Member

On the vial of Freestyle Lite strips that I have right here, there is a white rectangle on what would be the right-hand end of the label if you peeled it off the vial. It says Lot (printed), then a string of numbers (mine ends 06). On the line below that (still in the white rectangle) is the expiration date, which on mine is 2012/06. Then below that (maybe a line and a half - more than just one line below) is the number of strips (mine says 50). Then printed in much smaller type is "Test Strips" and under that "Tiras de prueba".

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ahhhh, i get it...thank you jean. so mine expy's in 2012/03...well, i'm gonna hang on to this one for awhile. gotta unload my load of 11/10's pretty quick.
    funny how busy i was for awhile, then ronnie puts a shout out for newbie kits and now, well nobody needs us.
    cindy told me it would work this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.