Are there Miralax or similar in capsules?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Viggo's Mom, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viggo's Mom

Viggo's Mom Member

My boy is showing some constipation symptoms again. I have Miralax for him and I know it supposedly doesn't taste like anything but then so how come he doesn't want to eat his food when I mix it in? Not that much either. I need to find a pill so I can just do it and get it over with! Shopping now but if you know of anything let me know. Oh and pumpkin he doesn't like either.

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

I think Miralax only comes in liquid or dissolve-able powder.

3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

You can mix the dose with a couple of mls of water, stir, let sit for a few minutes to dissolve, then syringe. If it doesn't dissolve after 5 minutes, add 1 ml of water.

4. Viggo's Mom

Viggo's Mom Member

Oh that's a good idea. The last thing I need is yet another drug or remedy in my cupboard!! Thanks!

5. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

A really good stir, then let it sit while you make a cup of tea/coffee. Be patient. The less water you use, the better chance you have of getting the full dose in.

Viggo's Mom and Yong & Maury GA like this.
  6. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

If you really want a pill, you can get empty gel capsules and fill them with the miralax.

Viggo's Mom likes this.
  7. Viggo's Mom

Viggo's Mom Member

Both perfect ideas and I feel really lame for not thinking of them myself. Duh! It did dissolve really nicely, so again thanks.

8. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I always dissolve Miralax in about 1.5cc's of water, draw in feeding syringe and give by mouth. That way I know that the one needing it got the full dose. It really is tasteless - taste it. It's a human med, there's nothing in there to hurt you nor will it give you diarrhea. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.