Arkray GlucoCard Vital Meter?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by all4mymarine, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. all4mymarine

all4mymarine Member

I was checking out the Arkray GlucoCard 01 meter and strips which are the same thing as the Relion meter and strips and I saw the Vital Sensor Monitor and strips, which are cheaper and I think it's the same thing as the Relion Ultima. I can get 200 strips and Vital Sensor meter for $44.45 and after that the strips are even cheaper than the 01 model. I have a Relion Confirm right now which needs .3ul and the Vital uses .5ul.

I just can't keep paying $72 a month for strips plus I'm paying $108, give or take, just for food when we were only spending maybe $25 a month. Money was tight before, now it's even tighter :( It costs me more to feed the cats than it does to feed one of my kids! :YMSIGH:

Is it worth getting this meter anyway, just to save some money?

http://www.americandiabeteswholesale.co ... SiteSearch

2. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't see why it wouldn't be worth a shot. Another meter to consider is the Advance Redi-Code meter. I've used it in the past. It does take a significantly larger drop than the Relion, but you can generally get strips MUCH cheaper. Right now, there are a couple auctions on ebay for 600 strips for $99 with free shipping. If you're interested in trying it, PM me and I can send you a meter and some strips... I've got an extra and a bunch of strips expiring in October that I'd be happy to pass along to someone who can use them.... for now, at least, I'm sticking with the Relion.

Good luck!

3. all4mymarine

all4mymarine Member

Thank you so much for the offer! I think I'll just try the Arkray Vital though since the Relion Confirm is made by the same company and I've been pretty happy with it. I don't usually use the whole drop of blood so I think I'll be okay with a .5uL. Don't want to switch up meters too often either. If you want to pass it along, try posting it in the Supply Closet! I'm sure there's someone here in need that could use a meter! :razz:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.