arkray (same as relion) glucocard 01 question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by IloveLarry, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IloveLarry

IloveLarry Well-Known Member

the meter worked great until we opened the new strips. now it does the same thing on almost every insertion. E6 then i take out, reinsert, screen is blank (like it doesnt turn on). i take out again, reinsert, and it works.
    any1 know what this means?
    we will be out of strips prob. by the end of the week, but trying to figure this out. only change has been the new strips.
    thanks!

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

According to the user manual, this is what the E6 error means. I added some comments in Parentheses of things to try.

Test strip problem.
    1. Contact bars on test strip may be dirty. (Make sure you wash and dry your hands well before touching the test strip)
    2. Incorrect test strip used. (double check you have the correct strips)
    3. Used test strip has been inserted. (Make sure it's a new strip.)
    4. Repeat test with new test strip. (taking out the test strip and reinserting it is like putting in a new test strip)

The vial of test strips you got could be just a tiny little bit the wrong size to fit well, so the contact bars are not matching up well the first time you insert the strip.

So, either continue to insert the strip, take it out, put it back in or you might call Arkray Customer Service at 800.566.8558 to report the problem. They might send you a new batch of test strips.

3. Liz&Gus

Liz&Gus Member

Hi Pam,

Is this the batch of test strips that I mailed you?

If so, try them in the Relion meter that I sent with them. You don't have to use them in the meter, but insert the test strip and see if the Relion meter gives the same error or not.

Liz

4. IloveLarry

good idea.
    we know they r brand new and not dirty etc. i treat them exactly as the box b4.
    whn u opn a new box u dont hv to program the meter for a new code or anything?

5. IloveLarry

no liz, its the new meter/strips i recieved thru DCIN.
    i hvnt figured out how to use the meter u sent yet. so just insert this strip into ur meter? okie dokie :)

6. IloveLarry

aha! liz, they work fine/perfectly in the tiny meter u sent :) so....evn more puzzling. i can just use it tho, if needed.
    could it be bc they r the same code as the strips u sent? i forgot i had those. yay!!

7. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

No, no need to enter a code into your meter for a new vial of test strips.

The Arkray Glucocard 01 meter automatically reads the code on the test strip when you insert the test strip.

The Relion Confirm and Relion Micro meters automatically read the code on the test strip when you insert the test strip.

A F-4 or F-3 code should appear on the screen after you first insert the test strip. This is telling you the test strip has been read correctly and you should be good to go.

That F code flashes up on the screen quickly and then disappears and then you get the blinking blood drop symbol, telling you it's ok to test.

8. IloveLarry

that what i thot. thanks

9. Liz&Gus

Liz&Gus Member

Hi Pam,

You should be able to use either meter. I would suggest picking one meter and using it for the tests, just in case there is a bit of variance between the meters - there **shouldn't** be, since both meters are made by the same manufacturer.

Liz

10. IloveLarry

thanks liz. they only work properly with urs...so the last reading i did with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.