? ASAP Dosing advise PMPS 204/192

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Stephanie91215, Dec 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephanie91215

Stephanie91215 Member

She has been running pretty high and I have started to increase her dose. I check her at nadir and she hasn't been hitting blues the last couple of days. What should I shoot?

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Can you monitor tonight? If so I might do 0.5 if not you might skip or just do a 0.25

3. Stephanie91215

Stephanie91215 Member

I can monitor tonight. I was thinking .50 was the way to go as well. Just surprised me so wanted someone else opinion.

JanetNJ likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

Very exciting! Congratulations on the blue preshot! May it be the first of many.

Stephanie91215 likes this.
  5. Stephanie91215

Stephanie91215 Member

Thanks. I hope so. Just today I felt like I was doing something wrong. It seems like she starts to make progress with her numbers and then goes back up.

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I think if you were going to be able to test tonight and had all the supplies you might need, I would have gone ahead with at least 1U but I see you have .5 on your spreadsheet.

Generally, if they're around 200, it's OK to give the scheduled dose

But there's no harm in doing the .5 tonight and seeing what happens either! All data is good data and you learn from each time you shoot!

Stephanie91215 likes this.
  7. Stephanie91215

Stephanie91215 Member

I honestly was just so surprised by this number. I'm used to seeing purple, and a random yellow but never blue. I wanted to give her something just because I'm afraid of what her number would look like without any insulin. Thanks for your reply

8. Stephanie91215

Stephanie91215 Member

So just to see what happened I checked her +1 and she went up to 295. I almost called it a night at that point but I just checked her and she is 169 at +2. So I'll keep a close eye on her

JanetNJ and Chris & China (GA) like this.
  9. JanetNJ

Oh hit a nice green last night! The +1 was probably a food influenced rise.to bad it dose so much for +4

10. Stephanie91215

Stephanie91215 Member

I was happy to see the green for sure. I was afraid because she hit it at +3 I thought she was going to continue to drop so I gave her some LC food and she ate pretty close to half a can. So in 3 hours she ate 4.5 oz. Even after almost 4 months I still dont got the hang of this down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.