? AT 2 Test Strip Purchase Dilemma

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by FranklinsMom, Aug 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FranklinsMom

FranklinsMom Member

Soooo....I can't do a curve on Franklin today because my new and extra pet strips are sitting somewhere in the Ybor City (Tampa) USPS distribution center. They say I will probably get them tomorrow.

I have one strip left. So the curve is out for today. But do I test Franklin tonight or tomorrow with my one remaining strip? I guess it is okay to keep feeding him regularly tonight and tomorrow?

I have a guy from Craigslist who wants to sell me a pack of 50 Freestyle Lite strips that expired 10/2016 for $20. I am a little weary of Craigslist and of expired ones, although I have read those are okay for a few years. If you were in my situation would you buy those?

I've posted a note to Nextdoor and I'm hoping someone locally on there at least uses the Freestyle Lite strips that might sell me a couple.

I've called a few pet stores and pet clinics. The clinics want me to bring Franklin in so they can examine him and then they call sell me, in one case, something completely different to do home testing. I just left a message with his old vet.

Yes, I know Relion, Relion, Relion. My vet is very much against it. I will be calling her in a few hours to update her on my test strip dilemma. I'm hoping something works out here today.

Currently dog sitting for a neighbor, so walking back and forth managing felines and canines. One of the dogs is diabetic but unfortunately, she doesn't do home testing. Have laptop at the dog sitting house. Phone charger seems to be at my house and phone is about dead. So I'm going back home for a little bit.

Will research Relion more when I get back but as far as AT2 Test strips, if anyone has any other ideas for me, please let me know.

Thanks.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

If you have amazon prime they have free same day delivery. Gotta order early for same day. My vet carries them and I bought from them nice in a pinch (although pricier).

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Or go to Walmart and pick up a backup relion confirm or micro.

4. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

At almost a year past expiry I wouldn't buy the FS Lite strips from Craigslist. Is there a store nearby you can pick up some FS Lite strips?? I do sue the FS Lite strips in my AT2 meter and have been happy with the comparisons I do. Usually I suggest trying some same blood drop side by side comparisons first, but you don't have any AT2 strips to spare. If you buy the FS Lite strips leave the last AT2 code you had on the AT2 meter and do a control test to make sure they fall into the control range.

Of course a back up meter is always a good idea. I have the FS Lite meter as well as the AT2 meter since I can use the strips in either one,

5. FranklinsMom

FranklinsMom Member

I live next to a grocery store so headed up there to find out about the Freestyle Lite strips. Found out a neighbor has a diabetic cat but they don't do home testing.

Am planning to get that Relion...just want to get more routine with the AT and the new life of a diabetic cat and uh....wait until the next credit card cycle. :)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  6. FranklinsMom

FranklinsMom Member

Hey everyone. I found a guy on CL who will sell me a box of 100 Freestyle Lite strips that has a little rip on the perforation that expires 9/18 for $30 (He has a nother box with a bigger rip with expiration of 5/19 for $30 but I prefer the smaller rip. I found him because he was posting that he would buy all kinds of diabetic testing strips...so I approached him about selling. I did not post an ad, FYI. I will probably go for these as I am getting desperate.

There is a woman in my neighborhood who has offered up Freestyle but I'm not sure if those would work. I think I need the Freestyle Lite, right?

Gave Franklin 1/2 can of food at about 2:30 and about 20 minutes later he tossed it all back up. Maybe that was his eclipse reaction. LOL.

Vet is in surgery and will be calling me in a bit.

Getting records sent to ER Vet, just in case. Hope it is not a long night.

Thanks.

7. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Right. The Freestyle and Freestyle Lite strips are not interchangeable.

FranklinsMom likes this.
  8. FranklinsMom

FranklinsMom Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.