At long last...Mom's cat Francis has a spreadsheet! HELP!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Traci and Boomer, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Hi LLer's,

I "got into it" (arguement) with my mom last night. :eek: I felt really bad after, but how can I help her with no spreadsheet???? She finally did it and I took a full hour this morning to type up her hand written/faxed/barely readable notes. Eek. Please see the new SS in my siggie. Whatever suggestions you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Francis has been 50 or below several times in February, was going to try OTJ countdown yesterday, but got a higher # in the PM last night, so she shot and then he went below 50 AGAIN. Do you guys think he should try to go OTJ? Mom really needs help. Should she have given him insulin last night even though he was 157 at PMPS???? I think she panicked and she shouldn't have.
    Sooooo....after you guys look at this hopefully we will come up with a plan for her to follow. Thanks so much for your help! nailbite_smile

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

whoa,,,ok slow down and breath lol

is there a AMPS this morning? is she do for one soon? how much time til there's an AMPS?

3. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

IMHO a single drop shouldn't be dangerous for him. Thank goodness she is testing! What was the AMBG?

Last night's low isn't bad, it looks like it will be normal range for him, and it sounds like he knows to eat when he needs to. Next time maybe she can wait to see if he brings himself down...?

4. Traci and Boomer

AMPS/80
    No insulin given. I had to call her to get this. Sorry, I hadn't gotten to that yet! I'll update the new SS.

5. Ronnie & Luna

Traci,

if u can wiggle this info out of ur mom, lol, when she's gone for the day, shot or no shot, does she leave HC out every time?

like yesterday morning's no shot, what did she leave out for Francis, IF she left for the day

6. Traci and Boomer

I actually know this answer - she only left the HCW out once because she was afraid he's go into a hypo that day. Since she didn't give him insulin today she didn't leave high-carb food out.

7. Traci and Boomer

+2.5/82

She's paranoid so she's still testing a lot.

8. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

but there's no insulin on board since last night, right?

9. Ronnie & Luna

hey Jill!

her mom shot 1 drop last nite, but nothing today.

by the way Traci, nice work on getting the spreadsheet up, forgot to mention it earlier.

10. Traci and Boomer

Jill-
    Ronnie's right - no insulin for the full day. She's still worried about his numbers going too low, and I keep reminding her that if he can't have a hypo if he's not on insulin and she pauses and then gets it. Should she do a curve tomorrow (on no insulin) because she'll be home or is that a waste of time?

11. Jill & Alex (GA)

well, i think it's a waste of time if kitty isn't on insulin, but if it makes her happy... :D

one thing that concerns me... the pmps numbers. they aren't very OTJ looking. what's going on during the day that the numbers rise so much?
    it's kind of weird.

12. Traci and Boomer

Jill -

I know! But if she gives him a *drop* of insulin he goes to 50. He did it last night too. When she saw the high number last night she decided to shoot and then was sorry. She didn't want him to go too low again so she didn't give him anything tonight. I think that's part of the reason she's testing him so much. She seems to think he's not eating all day and his BG's go low on their own and then he gets a bounce for the PM. She's in a tough situation because she's got 4 cats. If she got an auto-feeder so he could eat during the day there would be no way to know if Francis got any of the food - the other civvies are very aggressive with food. Do you think it's better for her to shoot and have him drop or not shoot at all?

13. Jill & Alex (GA)

earlier today i would have suggested continuing with 0.1u bid until i saw that drop tonight after no insulin for 24 hours. as silly as it sounds, maybe she should do a curve tomorrow and make notations on the ss when he eats. eating is pulling the numbers down...

14. Traci and Boomer

Okay, that's what she is going to do. If she didn't have 3 other moochie civvies she could probably fix this with an autofeeder. She used to leave out DM dry for this purpose but I had her pull it after what I'd learned here. Unless she got 4 autofeeders or put out 4 frozen catcicles. Hmm...maybe that would help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.