At what point does one start B-12?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by K. Sya and Sophie (GA), Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K.  Sya and Sophie (GA)

K. Sya and Sophie (GA) Member

Hi,
    My Sya was diagnosed last month. Working on getting her regulated. I have noticed a slight weakness in her back legs and her laying down more. Not walking on her hocks or anything. Don't know if it has increased or I'm just more aware due to the dx and noticing it now. No other symptoms. Vet did full bloodwork last month, no acidosis all other levels like kidney etc just fine. Vet says not time yet just concentrate on getting her regulated.

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

You can start the Methylcobalamin B12 anytime. Please make sure to get the correct B12 for neuropathy. If you need recommendations on which one to get, here is the link to the one I've used: http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-B12-Methylc ... 0-Capsules

I would mix one capsule once a day in Maui's food. Whatever she didn't eat or the other cats ate, wasn't a big deal.

It took several weeks, before I noticed improvement with Maui and then one day, she was walking normally. It does take time and patience and regulation with insulin to see a positive change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.