Atlas Dosing Question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Beth & Atlas, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

Here are the results from Atlas' mini curve today as promised.

Started out on Humulin N, 8 units BID

May 6, 2010

AM preshot 1 hour after eating

0 392

+2 335

+4 187

+6 210

+10 270

Again I am stuck with a nice preshot PM number (under 300). Last night 6 units was too much. This morning we only did 4 units with fair results. I am thinking of staying with the 4 units tonight. Any thoughts or comment?

2. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Blue, I would try the 4 one more time.......I certainly wouldn't raise it.

3. Beth & Atlas

Thanks for chiming in Hope.

I guess I am a bit nervous, as the swing in dose happened in less than 36 hours, from 8 units to half that. This mornings high could have been from all the extra foods last night.

You guys are all an invaluable resource for me.

Thank you.

4. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Not just that but also the following, which I understand is the thing to do with N.

4U seems a safe place to be. I don't know N. If that were a PZI curve, I would say you could go up a touch, but I'm with Hope, staying cautious.

5. Beth & Atlas

Hi Venita,

N is a fastish acting insulin. After last nights little escapade and being up until 2am, I'll take cautious for a few days.

Poor baby now associates my going into his room with being tested. He immediately gets up on the table, struts, and purrs to be tested.

Edit:
    I was thinking a bit more too, but I know 6 units is too much. So that would leave me a 5 and the syringes I have are marked in tiny 2 unit increments. Only 5 marks until you get to the big 10... and since I can't read it to dose it...I'll errr lowside.

6. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

What syringes are you using? Any chance of going to Walmart and getting some Relion 3/10 cc syringes with 1/2 unit markings? You don't need a script in Ohio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.