Aurora PMPS 41 PMPS 74

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole Z, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole Z

Nicole Z Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone

Been a crazy few weeks for me. Aurora has been in the greens ALL the time....I dropped her down to the .25 unit and somedays if she's too low I'm skipping the shot - I know you all don't like that but for us, that seems to work. I'm concerned because last night we skipped shooting as well as this morning. PMPS she was 41! HOW can that happen??? I just checked her now at +3 and she's 51 - she just ate a whole can of FF with gravy. I'm really not understanding what is taking her so low when I"m not shooting. Also, I did take her off the claratin, she was getting 1/2 pill 1x per day for a small bump on her bottom lip which has since gone away completely. She had very soft poops the whole time on claratin. Upon stopping, her poops went back to normal except for Saturday when she had the runs 1x. No idea what is related to what but I'm pretty concerned that she's so low without insulin.
    Thoughts?

2. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

She sure is a puzzle....

I know you technically have 2 dose sizes left, but I am wondering if she is just... ready. Her going low even when the shot gets skipped could be signs that her pancreas is working. Or, a little rarer, but it happens - she is riding a longer duration on her insulin.

I am not really good with the advise when it comes to this stuff. I am sure others with comment with more insight. ;)

3. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Looks like :otj: trial is in the cards.

4. Nicole Z

Definately alarming. I have a pet sitter that will be coming in with them three times daily for meals and to play. I don’t want any of these issues so I told her anything under 85 don’t shoot at all. I’d rather have her a tad higher than risk her going low when I’m not around.

5. Nicole Z

really? Daddy forgot to leave wet food out Saturday night so Sunday Amps she had her first blue ever in ages. A trial would be very exciting

6. Juliet

Juliet Guest

There's a sticky I think about OTJ trials and when to start them but when Silver went OTJ the first time it happened only because he kept being too low to shoot day after day til 14 days were up.

7. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I'm going away for three weeks in Sept. scared silly to leave with my pet sitter. She didn't get the hang of testing last time I was away 5 days and I had to half the dose and let her shoot blind. Can't do that for three weeks. It's a huge worry.

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I think I’d skip tonight and go to a drop in the morning. See what others say.

Nicole Z likes this.
  9. Nicole Z

Yeah. My pet sitter caught on pretty fast thought I made at work a huge color booklet of each step with pictures. You might have her watch a you tube. There was a group member that had posted a video on using the relion meter and a rice sock, I self taught how to test by watching that video.

10. Nicole Z

Here it is

11. Nicole Z

Drop as in depress the syringe all the way down and insert into the pen and let vacuum draw up .01? I’ll try but if she still really low under 80 I might skip though hubby is home to monitor her so maybe I’ll be brave. I wonder what is causing her softer poops?

12. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It’s up to you. Usually people go to a drop before a trial. If too low to shoot in the morning you can skip again and see if the depot drains or she stays green. Either way it’s exciting.

Not a clue on the poops.

And yes, that’s a drop.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  13. Nicole Z

Thank you so much

14. Juliet

Juliet Guest

She's not computer literate. She's over 70.

15. Nicole Z

PMPS 74 didn’t shoot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.