Aussie says Hi

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jessi343, Apr 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessi343

Jessi343 New Member

hi, I am new here. I have a 14 year old, male cat named Aussie. He was diagnosed April 2014 and went into remission in May. He hasn't needed any insulin since, other than once two weeks ago when he got into another cat's food who was visiting. I've kept him on the same strict diet since being diagnosed and I check his BG regularly. Hoping he doesn't come out of remission at all but I want to stay vigilant as the vet says it's possible at any time.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB.

3. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Hello Jessi and Aussie, and welcome to FDMB! :bighug:

4. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I see you're in Canada so, being an Aussie myself, I am wondering - how did Aussie get his name?

Vyktor has been in remission for three years now but I still test his BG every week to make sure we're still okay. If they do fall out of remission the sooner you're onto it the better your chances of a second remission so good on you for staying vigilant :)

5. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't plan to drop down from weekly testing to monthly. I also feel I'd rather be on top of any future problems that might occur - I think it's important to notice as soon as possible if they fall out of remission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.