Auto feeders with multiple cats?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Janine & Floyd (GA), Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Janine & Floyd (GA) Member

We have one civvie in addition to our sugar cat. Dillon (civvie) is on Fancy Feast for another couple weeks until we run out then he'll be switched over to Floyd's homemade diet. The cats have always been fed BID and that's what I'm still doing. Floyd eats in our sunroom and Dillon in the bathroom so they don't eat each other's food.

I'm considering automatic feeders to help with regulation. Is anyone using them for multiple cats without getting the expensive kind that work with the microchip? I just can't spend that much $$.

I love the idea of portioned meals throughout the day. As well as the prospect of not having cats crying outside the bedroom early in the morning, but I'm afraid they'll both go to the wrong feeders, etc.

Advice?

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I have two cats also. I got the Petsafe 5 for each cat and put both on them on the same food and same feeding scheldule which made my life so much easier. No worries of Bubba getting into Forrest's higher carb food. I got my feeders from Amazon and they ran around 35 bucks each.

Sharon14 likes this.
  3. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Janine & Floyd (GA) Member

Thanks for the input! Do they each go their own feeders? I worry that they will try to both go to the same feeder, and Floyd won't get enough.

4. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

I use this for my civvie, Kitty. He is the type that takes two bites at a time then walks away. It doesn't use the microchip. It has a tag that you put on their collar. They claim you can buy two and set each one to feed one tag only. I only have one so I can't confirm that. It's one of the more affordable selective feeders.
    I suggest buying the AC adapter because you'll spend that much on batteries anyways.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C1BYETO/ref=twister_B06XH2NP19?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Janine & Floyd (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.