Autofeeder advice

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Seattlebrian, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seattlebrian

Seattlebrian Member

I'm considering getting one of these, but Podo has a pretty sensitive plastic allergy. Can anyone recommend one that is all metal?

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I haven't seen one that is metal, Brian. I love the PetSmart 5 because it is easy to use and has been impossible for my cats to break into. (Can't say that for the other two we tried....) The bottom rotates so they can't bust open the top. I would guess that they don't make metal ones because they would be very expensive and this one is pretty pricey in plastic. (But worth every penny in my humble opinion.)

I don't know if you could put tape on the part that would touch his chin and that would help?

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

If you do a google image search for pet feeders you will get some good results....I was looking for a stainless steel one too last year, I had the same plastic concerns,,,never did get one, ,,,but I found a couple online - try the google search and you'll see......

what I have heard thou - is if you go with PetSafe5 (for example) each compartment is big enough to hold those little custard glass bowls, you know the ones? (clear or white) that way kitty wont be licking out of the plastic itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.