Automated feeder suggestions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MamaMug, Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MamaMug

MamaMug Member

I'm looking to get an automated feeder to give a midday wet food lunch for our boys during the work week and a bit overwhelmed by options. For those who use autofeeders, what brand/model do you use and what are the pros and cons? Would you recommend the model you use?

2. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

I use the Cat Mate c300. It’s nice because it has a built in ice pack. It has 3 sections with 2 programmable feedings. Spot eats 6 times per day, so I fill it up at each shot time and set the feeding times, and then I don’t have to worry about him in between... well not about food anyway! :)

3. MamaMug

MamaMug Member

Do you have multiple cats? I'm concerned about getting accurate info on how much each of them are eating, and about being fair as silly as it sounds. The civvies are both pretty overweight and we are focused on getting them fit. I guess since our sugarcat is dominant and food motivated it may not be much of an issue.

4. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

I do have another cat and she’s a snarfy one, so they are separated when I’m not home. They are both raw fed so I measure everything they eat and weigh them both every other week to make sure they’re each getting the appropriate amount of food. A little neurotic but Spot has been anorexic and extremely underweight in the past, so I’m not taking any chances that Zuri is the one eating all his food....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.