Automatic wet feeder dispenser recommendations

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Linds2225, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linds2225

Linds2225 Member

Does anyone have any recommendations on automatic wet food dispensers for multiple cats? My one diabetic cat is a grazer, he eats al throughout the day, and he is on a strict all wet food diet. He eats small amounts all day long so I have to let him have small meals daily and am not able to monitor it because I work all day. This is my first time giving them only wet food and I've been feeding them twice daily, once in the morning before I go to work and leaving it out all day then at night and leaving it out all night. Lately after doing this for a couple of months they both started drooling a little bit and I've done some research and read leaving it out that long it could be developing bacteria. I'm wondering if this is the cause of the drooling and it's making them sick to their stomach? Does anyone have any recommendations on what I can do?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

A lot of people here use the PetSafe 5 auto feeder

If you mix the food with some water and put it into ice cube trays to freeze, you can put the "foodsicles" into the feeder...that helps to keep it fresh. Other people just add water to the wet food and it helps keep it from drying out (they leave it out all day without problems)

Here's a post I just saw today that might offer a suggestion too ...Freezer packs for the PetSafe 5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.