B12 suppliments

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Meya14, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meya14

Meya14 Well-Known Member

I was wondering which B12 supplements others use. I have a civvie with IBS/possible lymphoma, and the B12 I get from the vet is stupid expensive. Jack is pretty picky and we haven't had luck crushing pills, he refuses to eat the food with pills in it. The ones from the vet are compounded treats. Is there anything like this available for a reasonable cost?

2. Misterbeesmom

Misterbeesmom Well-Known Member

Zobaline sold by life link.
    I crush it in a teaspoon of water which dissolves it, mix with wet food. Eats it right up no problem.

Sorry i dont know if that helps you.

3. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Hi--I would try another vet --the B12 I got from the vet was 17$ and it will expire before I use even 1/2 of it.....
    also you don't need a script for it--
    KV vet carries it ;)

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

StephG likes this.
  6. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Is there a difference in how well it works between the pills/oral kind and injections?

7. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Meya,

The Zobaline tablets are quite small; it would definitely be an option to pill (kitty permitting).

Mogs

8. Meya14

Meya14 Well-Known Member

Yes, if there is stomach inflammation, you stomach may not secrete the enzyme necessary to absorb B12, hence the injectable form. This might be an issue for my IBS kitty, not as much for diabetic kitties.

Thanks all for the replies. I'm maybe gonna try the pills. I have the pickiest. eater. ever. with this cat. And it's quite funny because he's such a vocal cat, I know right away when I haven't prepared his meal to his liking.

StephG and Critter Mom like this.
  9. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.