Baby 10/11/18 - KETONES 2.3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mary Ann & Baby, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Mary Ann & Baby

Mary Ann & Baby Member

Baby's ketones just tested at 2.3 - she is eating and drinking and acting normally. Should I just try to get her to drink a little more? She still has massive PU/PD tho.... Also, I raised her dose .5u to 10u at PMPS. Her BG reading just now was 308 at PMPS +3.

2. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Is it a blood meter for ketones?

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good to see you increased. I would add water to her food to try to flush her the ketones out. And call the vet tomorrow. Subs fluids may be warranted if she gets any higher ketones. How is her appetite?

Mary Ann & Baby likes this.
  4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

How is Baby doing today?

Mary Ann & Baby likes this.
  5. Mary Ann & Baby

Mary Ann & Baby Member

Yes, the NovaMax Plus. Ketones back down to 1.6 just now.

Dyana and Tracey&Jones (GA) like this.
  6. Mary Ann & Baby

Mary Ann & Baby Member

She is totally fine today. Yellow numbers, ketones back to 1.6, great appetite, playing/running/chasing. I'm not worried. I'll keep a close eye on the ketones for a while. Thank you!

Dyana and Tracey&Jones (GA) like this.
  7. Mary Ann & Baby

Mary Ann & Baby Member

Much better, thanks! See above ^ :)

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  8. Mary Ann & Baby

Mary Ann & Baby Member

@Wendy&Neko - so I increased last night to 10u. I am leaving 5:30am on Monday. Not sure what to do with her dose...should I go to 10.5 on Sunday (5 cycles at 10u) to see how she does, or continue her on 10u until I get back late on Thursday? My inclination is to up her before I go...?? As I mentioned earlier, unfortunately, sitter will not be taking BGs.

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I think I would just hold at 10 units. It's an easy line for sitter to draw to and Baby will be safe, and at least you will know how low she goes on this dose by the time you leave. Th next increase after this would be by a 1.0 unit increment (to 11 units), unless she throws you a green.

Dyana likes this.
  10. Mary Ann & Baby

Mary Ann & Baby Member

@Wendy&Neko Hi Wendy, I just saw your post here at 9:15am. At AMPS Baby was at 318 and her ketones were 3.1! I panicked and gave her 10.5u and have been feeding her FF "soup", which she's been drinking/eating well. I upped the dose because she had received two furshots in a row yesterday (weird, I think I shot through the folds or something...this morning was VERY careful!). Now her +2 is 319 and her ketones came down to 2.9. I will continue to "force" the liquids and recheck every couple hours. She perked up already, playing with her mouse. I take that as a good sign. She was slow this morning.

UPDATE: +4 276 and 2.7 ketones. Everything moving in the right direction.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    John Irene and TITAN likes this.
  11. Mary Ann & Baby

Mary Ann & Baby Member

UPDATE: +8.75 246 and 1.7 ketones.

UPDATE: PMPS 228 and 1.5 ketones.

UPDATE: PM +3.25 266 and 1.0 ketones.

10/14 UPDATE: AMPS 164 (lowest number ever!) - not enough blood so ketone test failed.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018