? Baby -advice?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Becky & Baby Girl GA, Oct 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

I’m very worried tonight- doing the same as last week. Vomiting is blood tinged clear liquid & stinky ooyegooey pooey again! Bg normal - no insulin for 12 days, still on Orbax (day 8)for UTI. Cerenia for tummy. Eating every 3 hours- she’s hangry! Drinking normal amt. water. (Angry hunger) And now she’s marking her litter box? I never thought my life would revolve around my cat like this! Already gave up the eyes... what more? Watching her pee & running for keto sticks like a mad women! (Just wanted to try them, no high numbers) It’s a marathon.. not a sprint!
    One day at a time! Love my BGK
    (Baby Girl Kitty) Vet is suppose to call this am. If anyone recognizes these symptoms let me know? Thank you in advance.

2. Alfred's Human

Alfred's Human Member

I'm so sorry BGK is feeling poorly again. I don't have any advice but wanted to offer hugs and healing vines to you and BGK. I know how heart breaking and frustrating it is seeing your furbaby not feeling well. I hope the vet has ideas for you and BGK starts to feel better. :bighug:

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  3. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Bless you! So kind! Yes it is so much worry! Can you maybe answer questions as to why your & many other cats are on supplements? Is it for preventative or diagnosed chronic conditions? Thank you, it helps for someone to care!! :cat::bighug:

4. Alfred's Human

Alfred's Human Member

You're very welcome, I know how much it helps knowing you're not alone with your struggles and sometimes having a cheer leading squad cheering you on helps. :)

Lately I've been skipping Alfred's supplements because he hasn't been eating well and I don't want to add anything to his food that might cause him to not eat.

When I do give the supplements I give the Cosequin for his arthritis, ubiquinol for his heart, probiotic and digestive enzymes are to help with constipation (he gets constipated and then has anal gland issues) and the sub q fluids are because he's early stage kidney disease.

The vet suggested Cosequin for arthritis and it has helped. I decided to give the probiotics and digestive enzymes for the constipation issues and they have helped as well. The vet prescribed the fluids and they help keep him hydrated and his kidneys flushed out. I decided to give the ubiquinol because he has a gallop heart rhythm that the vet noticed a couple months ago. He didn't have it before. Ubiquinol is a form of CoQ10 and supposedly helps with heart health.

5. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Ok great! Thank you
    Vet just called. She’s getting a probiotic powder, remain on cerenia, & bring in stool sample... I love learning about other kitties & meds. You are amazing! I hope Alfred gets a better appetite. I guess there are stimulateurs for that too! So many meds, supplements that all these people do! I have had them suggested before but usually at the very late stage of life.
    You have a fantastic day!! Getting ready

6. Alfred's Human

Alfred's Human Member

Thank you! You have a good day too! I hope the probiotics help settle your baby's stomach and glad you were able to talk to the vet. :bighug:

7. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Becky, sorry about the throwing up and diarrhea. How is she doing this evening?

8. Becky & Baby Girl GA

She seems better. The vet gave her forti flora, keep her on the cerenia for 6 days & restart the metronidazole if loose stool. Thanks for asking! She thinks it may be a light case of pancreatitis even though she’s eating me out of house & home!!! If this happens again she wants to do x-rays. She hasn’t needed insulin for 12 days. What is the protocol on testing? I’ve just been randomly checking. Any advice?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.