Back after 2 year. What's the preferred food now.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Fast Eddie, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Member

My cat was in remission. 2 years back Merrick's cowboy cook out was one of the favorite foods, since they changed formula, it is now too high in carbs and may have played a roll in Eddie needing insulin again. By chace the pets store was out of cowboy cookout last time I was in so I went with a couple of pates and some surf and turf. They are ok foods but Ed needs to gain a few pounds and I'm looking at other options, just picked up some wellness to try as it has more calories.

2. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

3. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Member

Thanks I did see your post. I feel fairly comfortable with my management of Eddie. I will post to the TR board if I have questions about his dose. Sad that Merrick's went and made a good cat food, not so good. May have to start flyer watching for less expensive food.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I noticed on another post that you are from Vancouver. If you are getting Wellness, buy the larger cans and it's a comparable price to some of the cheaper foods. And do look around, prices vary a lot - I've found Tysol has the best prices for Wellness but occasionally it's on sale at Pet Food'nMore or Bosleys.

5. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Member

Thanks for the tip. Will check out Tysol. So far Bosleys and Petfood and More are my easy to get to places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.